Feeling sad that Christmas is over? Here's a few things to 'chin up' about:
1. The brother and sister down the street zooming around on their brand new gender specific pink and blue motorized razor scooters. And the fact that, while they will come inside sweaty and stinky, they have actually burned no calories at all, only gasoline.
2. Gift cards!
3. The infinite supply of gum in my stocking(s).
4. New Year's is just around the corner. Bubbly, hoppin' john, collards, and a brand new start!
5. It snowed in Charleston. For the second time. In one winter.
6. Reminiscing about our well planned but poorly executed "igloo" in Hendersonville that I'm sure any Eskimo worth her salt would giggle at.
7. On the flip side of the ghastly and depressing task of un-decorating for Christmas, is the delight of simplifying your surroundings for January.
8. The two Hallmark driven "holidays" between now and Easter keister: Valentine's Day, and St. Patrick's Day. One's about love, the other's about the love of the Irish. And about how everyone you know claims a liddle bit o' brogue they can't disguise.
10. On January 1, the countdown begins again. Merry, merry!